Could you show us your exception stack trace?

Russell Butek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:
Subject: ArrayOutOfBoundsException

I am getting an ArrayOutOfBoundsException when I try to run the following
code:

(begin code here)

package samples.userguide.example7;

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
import org.apache.axis.encoding.XMLType;
import org.apache.axis.utils.Options;

import javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode;

public class HelloClient
{

        public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
            Options options = new Options(args);
    String endpoint = "http://localhost:" + options.getPort()
    + "/axis/HelloWorld.jws";

            args = options.getRemainingArgs();

            if (args == null || args.length != 1) {
            System.err.println("Usage: HelloClient arg1");
            return;

            }

            String method = "getHello";
            String s1 = new String(args[0]);

            Service service = new Service();
            Call    call    = (Call) service.createCall();

            call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(endpoint));
            call.setOperationName(method);
            call.addParameter( "op1", XMLType.XSD_STRING, ParameterMode.IN);
            call.setReturnType(XMLType.XSD_STRING);

Fails here-->   String ret = (String) call.invoke(new Object [] {s1});
System.out.println(ret);

}
}

After setting up some debug try/catch blocks around everything that
involves an array I found that the problem lies in the line denoted "Fails
here-->".

HelloWorld.jws is in my jakarta/webapps/axis directory and looks like the
following:

public class HelloWorld {
public String getHello(String name) {
        return "Hello"+ name;
        }
}

Any ideas??

Eric Roberts                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Grid Computing Group
Texas Advanced Computing Center
University of Texas at Austin
http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/~ericrobe