From: Brian Ewins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 9:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Integrating Axis with a web server

Jason D. Lee wrote:
> I'd like to integrate Axis (or Tomcat, whichever is appropriate) with
Apache
> so that on my development system (Win2K), my web service is available as
> long as my machine is on.  I have Apache running as a service, and I'd
like
> to be able to avoid having the extra window for Tomcat running.  Is it
> possible to do that?  I thought I had seen a document on how to do that
> somewhere, but Google didn't seem to know anything about it.  Any ideas?

Just run tomcat as a service too. If you're using tomcat 4 this works
fine. If you're using tomcat 3.x and the jk_nt_service.exe then you need
to add '-Xrs' to the line in your wrapper.properties for kicking off
tomcat (or better still upgrade!!)

See the 'bug' description here:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4323062.html

And the service runner used in the 4.x series here (also explains the
problem): http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/index.html

-Baz