A very good summary of the state of the asynchronous web services
applications.

I think that a standard reliable transport may be covered by the
ebxml-msg and JAXM specifications. It appears that some of the JAXM
implementations use JMS internally for queuing and reliable semantics.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/
http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxm/

But open implementations are practically non-existant, there are some
"toy" implementations but nothing that I would use in the enterprise
apart from maybe GLUE, but I haven't used that in anger yet.

I do agree that more energy needs to be put into this disorganised area,
as we seem to be far from anything for B2B enterprise level applications.

Simon...