Hi,

I am quite new to Axis and can deploy and test some simple services from the command
line.  I want to consume these services from a servlet.

For example, I've tried Eric Jung's example on
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=102942726001805&w=2

I'm using Tomcat and 'normal' servlets work fine. But when I convert my Axis service
test code to a servlet with Axis import statements I get run time errors when I run it
from the browser.  For example, my servlet is like this...

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
import org.apache.axis.encoding.XMLType;
import javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode;
import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
import java.net.URL;
import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
public class StockQuoteServiceClient extends HttpServlet {
   public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
       throws IOException, ServletException {
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
        Object o = request.getParameter("symbol");
        Service service = new Service();

but running from a browser under Tomcat I get...

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot allocate servlet instance ...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/client/Service

Is my JVM wrong ? Do I need to change server.xml or web.xml ?

Any help appreciated..

- Rey
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup