I vaguely recall some bug that could cause this with a particular
version of IE.  You might try looking around on the Orion Server lists,
as I'm sure that I saw the issue posted there.  (ie, there was some
strange cases where the browser would hit a page twice).

I'm sorry that I can't give more details, but I really don't remember
the specifics.

----
Jess