>Use POST?

I *am* using POST when I do the actual transaction.

When I calculate the MD5 hash of the authentication info, I have to pass
in "GET" to my hashing function or Tomcat rejects the results.  Believe
me-- I tried, and I just get back an endless stream of non-helpful 401
replies, each with a new nonce.  :-(

-Roy