I believe a few days ago there was discussion about programmatically
deploying web services (I searched the archive as I just subscribed
to this list). The suggested solution was to edit the server-config.wsdd
file manually.

I need to deploy and undeploy services programmatically. The deployment
is done from a servlet which is in the same servlet context as the
AxisServlet. Is it possible to do the deployment programmatically
without using the AdminClient and without restarting the webapp (which
I understand is required if the server-config.wsdd file is changed)?

If yes, how?

Thanks.