From: Anthony Elder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 3:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Accessing a service via SOAP as well as Java

Hi Naresh,

This is exactly what the Web Service Invocation Framework(WSIF) is for.

Now, you describe your service with a WSDL file which includes a SOAP binding, with
WSIF you can add bindings other than SOAP to the WSDL file, for example a Java
binding. In your application you then uses the WSIF binding independent API to access
the service, and have which binding is actually chosen to be used made as a run time
decision.

WSIF comes with binding implementations for SOAP, SOAP/JMS, Java, EJB, and native JMS,
so once your application starts using WSIF, the service can be moved around your
system to be implemented in  whatever technology is appropriate, and your application
never needs to change.

For more information see the Apache WSIF homepage at http://ws.apache.org/wsif

       ...ant

Anthony Elder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

"Naresh Bhatia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/02/2003 14:57:01

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]