Hi Patrick,

Being a WSIF developer I'm obviously a little biased, but if the choice is
primarily going to be on which is easiest I'd say go with WSIF.

The differences between AXIS and WSIF regarding ease of use are fairly
minor, you can use the classes and WSDL generated by WSDL2Java with both
AXIS and WSIF and once you understand how to use SOAP with either AXIS or
WSIF, then using the other is not so different.

Why I'd say go with WSIF is that it offers benefits that AXIS does not. It
allows you to change the WSDL binding the client uses so as to use
something other than SOAP, for example JMS or EJB, and this doesn't require
your client program to be rewritten. Even if you're sure your client will
only ever want to use SOAP what if you one day want to change the SOAP API
to be something other than AXIS? With WSIF you don't need to make any
changes to you client, just drop a new WSIF provider jar into the classpath
and you're client is using the new SOAP package.

       ...ant

Anthony Elder
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

"BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on
12/02/2003 17:50:21

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]