Hi,

I am starting with the Web Services. I have downloaded Axis 1.0, but I persistently getting the deployement problem. The sample progams are running perfectly fine, but I tried to deploy my own code, it gave be the error given below:

Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Could not find class for the service named: samples.testhello.HelloServiceSoapBindingSkeleton
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right location (which depends on the servlet system you are using).; nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: samples.testhello.HelloServiceSoapBindingSkeleton
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
faultSubcode:
faultString: Could not find class for the service named: samples.testhello.HelloServiceSoapBindingSkeleton
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right location (which depends on the servlet system you are using).; nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: samples.testhello.HelloServiceSoapBindingSkeleton
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:

I did the following steps:

1) Created an interface to develop a web service as given below:

package samples.testhello;

public interface Hello extends java.rmi.Remote
{
public java.lang.String sayHello(java.lang.String string1) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
}

2) Complied in the same directory to create a class file as

javac Hello.java

3) Created the WSDL from the java class as

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o HelloWsdl.wsdl -l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/HelloService"; -n "urn:HelloWorld
" -p"samples.testhello" "urn:HelloWorld" samples.testhello.Hello

4) Created the stubs and skeleton from the WSDL as

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java HelloWsdl.w
sdl

The stubs and skeletons were generated in the HelloWorld class along with deploy.wsdd and undeploy.wsdd

5) I created the server binding as:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java
--server-side --skeletonDeploy true HelloWsdl.wsdl

5) I deployed the service using:

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd

after the deployement, when I tried to test the view through the axis engine. I got the above mentioned error.

Could anyone please help in getting thro' my first wen service?

Thanks,
Parmod Mehta

Cricket World Cup 2003- News, Views and Match Reports. http://server1.msn.co.in/msnspecials/worldcup03/