From: Balakrishna, Vandana (Cognizant)
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 4:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Java2WSDL problem.

Hi,

Am trying to generate a WSDL file from my deployed service. The command I give is as
follows:

D:\xml-axis-10\samples\CustomClaimManager>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o
ClaimManager.wsdl -l"http://localhost:9080/axis/services/ClaimManage";
 -n"urn:ClaimManager" -p"com.metlife.ins.portal.disability.common.manager"
-P"com.metlife.ins.portal.disability.common.manager.ClaimManager" com.metli
fe.ins.portal.disability.common.manager.ClaimManager

This throws up an exception where it tries to make an entry for my custom serialiser
into the WSDL. How else do I specify my custom typemappings to the Java2WSDL tool?
The entry in the server-config.wsdd for the same is as follows:
 <typeMapping
deserializer="com.metlife.ins.portal.disability.common.encoding.CollectionDeSerializerFactory"
 encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; qname="java:arrlist"
serializer="com.metlife.ins.portal.disability.common.encoding.CollectionSerializerFactory"
 type="java:java.util.ArrayList"/>

The exception :

- The class java.util.ArrayList is defined in a java or javax package and cannot be
converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will be
used to define this class in the wsdl file.
WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
'http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'. Namespace prefixes must be set on the Definition
objec
t using the addNamespace(...) method.:
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getPrefix(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getQualifiedValue(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.printQualifiedAttribute(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printParts(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printMessages(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printDefinition(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.writeWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.getDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:236)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:289)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.run(Java2WSDL.java:458)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:497)

Any one who can help me????

Warm regards,
Vandana Balakrishna.
Cognizant Technology Solutions.
Ph No. 2931100 Extn:2474
 "You know what you are, but not what you can become." - from "Wings of Fire"

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com