Hi,
I came across a reference to GXA (Global XML Web Services Architecture)-- an
initiative [led by IBM, Microsoft & others] to develop a suite of SOAP
extensions to support commonly needed features for a distributed system
--security, routing, reliability, etc.
Apparently MS has released a reference implementation for several of the GXA
specs in the form of WSE (Web Services Enhancements for .NET)

Could someone advise as to what GXA implementations are available out there
for Java developers, and how they compare?
(The more details, the better: open source/commercial, completeness, cost,
anything else, etc -- even if its only conjecture or personal opinion.)
Thanks much,
Tim

PS:
As I understand it, SOAP was designed with simplicity and extensibility as
fundamental design goals -- on the upside, this makes extensions such as GXA
possible; on the downside, they are often necessary.