From: Lothar Nieswandt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 March 2003 13:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Out parameters

Sean and Brian,

there *is* a way to get out params to work with Axis. You
need to bundle them in a complex return object like in the
following example:

public interface MyService {
    public MyOutParams foo(MyInParams inParams);
}

The negative consequence is that the resulting SOAP calls
read like 'structs in structs'. In our case the client calls
are 'hand-made' (not generated by Axis) and the client
programmers complain about the additional complexity which
is not justified by the SOAP spec only.

There is space for improvements in this issue..

Lothar