Perhaps within your <service> deployment descriptor you need this:

  <parameter name="scope" value="application"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Herrick, Mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 1:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ServiceLifecycle init/destroy

Hi, I'm a little confused on javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifecycle.

I had hoped that it was similar to javax.servlet.Servlet in that init and destroy are
only called once.

>From my testing, with javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifecycle, init and destroy are
>called on each request of the service endpoint. Is this correct?

If it is, is there another interface or something I can implement or another mechanism
to get something similar to javax.servlet.Servlet (i.e., init only called once,
destroy only called once)?

I want to create some expensive objects once and stick them in the ServletContext ...
I can just use null logic I suppose, but I'd like to use a lifecycle method if one
exists/works.

Best regards,

Mike