From: Steven Gollery [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 4:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: replacing DefaultSocketFactory

I'd like to set up SocketFactoryFactory so that, instead of returning
DefaultSocketFactory for HTTP, it returns an instance of MySocketFactory
(a class derived from DefaultSocketFactory).

 From the way that SocketFactoryFactory is implemented, it appears that
the way to do this would be something like:
AxisProperties.setClassOverrideProperty(MySocketFactory.class,
"axis.socketFactory");

But when I try to do this in my code, I still get DefaultSocketFactory.

One thing that may be germane: my code is a servlet running in Tomcat.
The servlet uses Axis client classes to call a remote web service, then
formats the results into html.

So: should this work? Is there a better way to do this? Am I completely
off track here?

Thanks,

Steven Gollery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]