From: James Heffernan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 8:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using Axis with MS JVM

Hi,
I am trying to use axis to build a client application which so far has
worked
fine.  However I have come to a bit of a dilemma.  The environment I'm
trying
to integrate the client app into uses the Microsoft JVM, in fact just to

incorporate classes into that environment they must be built using the
jvc
compiler (VJ6.0).   I have been able to build the classes generated from
the
wsdl2java utility using that compiler but trying to run them using jview
from
the command line or integrating them into the server fails.  (running
the
profiler switch with jview shows the org.apache.axis.client.Service
attempted
load returns a NoClassDefFoundError even though replacing jview with
Sun's
1.3.1 java works fine with the same classpath exactly).

Is it that axis just will not work "back that far" in the virtual
machine
lineage or is there some way I can use it with MS's version?
Any suggestions gratefully accepted of course, even if someone knows of
another client-side library I would be able to use possibly.
Thanks

James Heffernan