Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Herrick, Mike
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 2:04 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Enum deserialization problem

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting Axis to deserialize correctly when I use an enum in my
doc/lit WSDL (attached).

Axis generates the .wsdd fine, deploys ok, but at runtime doesn't fill in the value on
the client side (specifically I'm using the test case generated by Axis).  On the wire
(i.e., TCPMonitor), Axis fills in a value for the enum (i.e., server side I set it and
it unwinds it), but the client won't deserialize it.  A .NET client, does unwind it,
however.  When I ran a debugger on the generated source I could see that the setter
fro the enum never gets called ... so the value is null.  Is this because I have a
class that requires a BeanDeserializerFactory containing the enum which requires a
EnumDeserializerFactory (i.e., some sort of reflection problem)? Or do I have to
handle this type of thing explicitly (i.e., modify the generated Deserializer or write
one from scratch)?

Best regards,

Mike

 <<PubSubService.wsdl>>