Hi Matty,

Haven't I already done that in the following statement:

call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY, "
http://www.unisys.com/WebServices/GetWeatherText"; );

Thanks,

Michael Sobczak
NuTechs, Inc.
6785 Telegraph Road, Suite 350
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
pager: (248) 316-6524

                      Mathew Hreljac

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      utions.net>                  cc:

                                                   Subject:  Re: Follow-up on invoking
web service
                      06/12/2003 10:12 AM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

.NET services require a SOAPAction to be set (usually the URI to it,
might be an alias) in order to work.  Just add whatever the service
requires for a SOAPAction and it should be fine.

Matty

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, thanks to Vlad Umansky for helping me get to the point
where
> I can invoke the Unisys Weather web service.  My code now successfully
> invokes the web service and gets a response.  Unfortunately, no matter
what
> zip code value I supply as the input parameter, I always get back the
same
> response, which is the weather for Kennett Square, PA.  I've e-mailed
with
> the owner of the web service, and he told me that Kennett Square is the
> default zip code used by the web service when the input parameter
provided
> to it is invalid.  I've looked at the WSDL for the web service, but
didn't
> notice anything that signified that the input parameter should be
anything
> other than a string.  I've defined the input parm as XSD_STRING and
> SOAP_STRING, with no change in results.  I've attached the URL for the
web
> service and my Java code below.  Could someone take a look for me and let
> me know what I'm doing wrong?  As before, all help is appreciated.
>
> http://weather.unisysfsp.com/PDCWebService/WeatherServices.asmx?WSDL
>
> import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
> import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
>
> import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
>
> public class TestClient2
> {
>    public static void main(String [] args) {
>        try {
>
>            // the service location
>            String endpoint = "
http://weather.unisysfsp.com/PDCWebService/WeatherServices.asmx?wsdl";;

>            Service  service = new Service();
>            Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();
>
>            call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
>
>            // the operation
>            call.setOperationName(new QName ( "GetWeatherText" ) );
>
>            // the SOAPAction
>            call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY, "
http://www.unisys.com/WebServices/GetWeatherText"; );

>            //call.addParameter ( "ZipCode",
org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING, javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN );
>            call.addParameter ( "ZipCode",
org.apache.axis.Constants.SOAP_STRING, javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN );

--
Mathew Hreljac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>