Albert Bupp schrieb:

I'm trying to understand why I'm seeing differences between the WSDL packets being returned from what's ostensibly the same service deployed on 2 different machines. Both machines are running Axis v1.1RC2, one deployed to Tomcat v3.3.1a, the other to Tomcat v3.3.1. The deployment descriptors on both machines are indentical, as are the service libraries.

On one machine the WSDL packet comes back w/ a wsdl:message element containing a wsdl:part element that looks like this:

<wsdl:part name="args" ... />

On the other machine, the same message element's wsdl:part element looks like this:

<wsdl:part name="in0" ... />

Can anyone explain why there might be such a difference the WSDL packets?

Thanks, Albert

Did you really compile BOTH with "javac -g" (debugging-info turned on) ?

greetings, -KNUT