I suggest trying one of the nightly builds.  I had a similar problem that
was recently fixed.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 6:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: WebServices using SSL

I had also problems trying to make Axis connect using SSL. I tried
several things. Since I wanted to make the connection from my web
application, and didn't want to use the same keystore for all
applications in the web server including the web server itself, I did
some tricky stuff with the J2EE libs, which however was completely in
sync with the specification and therefore supposed to work.

But it didn't. After that I tried it using the simplest setup I could
think of, but it still didn't work.

When I looked more closely, it appeared that Axis simply took some of
the URL properties I passed in, and created a new URL, and therefore
completely bypassing the URLStreamHandler I passed in with the
constructor. This seems to be a violation of what you are supposed to do
with a URL, but I'm still talking to the javasoft guys if it is.

Anyhow, I quited trying, and I installed s_tunnel instead.

Wilfred

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 19:59, Daniel Xia wrote:
> Is there anybody out there have experience setting up Axis to allow
> "https" as the protocol instead of just "http".  The documentation of
> Axis is not clear on this at all. (This is same for most stuff out
> there; it becomes really vague when it comes to SSL).  I am using Tomcat
> 4 as my app server.  The first problem I encountered with
> "out-of-the-box" Axis is that the WSDL2Java failed when the end point
> using "https" and it complains that the end point is not valid.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Daniel
Wilfred Springer               Phone  : +31 (0)3 3451 5736
Java Architect                 Mobile : +31 (0)6 2295 7321
Sun Java Center                Fax    : +31 (0)3 3451 5734
Sun Microsystems Netherlands   Mail   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]