The SOAP write up:

http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html

and Pakaj Kumar's page:

http://www.pankaj-k.net/WSOverSSL/WSOverSSL-HOWTO.html

were both very helpful when I was trying to connect an Axis
client to a remote (Websphere) server over SSL.

Thank you.

I did run into some problems not covered by the articles and
was wondering whether you would consider some additions
to your documents.

Specifically, I had difficulty in two areas:

o the client certificate I was trying to install was a Verisign
  certificate stored in the Windows OS. I had to export it as a
  .pfx file and then use openssl to convert it (several steps)
  to a pkcs12 keystore. Finally, I converted that keystore into
  a jks keystore.
o The client had to set the keystore property as well as the
  truststore property.

Also, because I was using Axis, the client program is slightly
different.

If you are interested, please let me know where I should send
my write up and in what format you would prefer it:

o stand-alone document (Word or txt)
o diffs to your document
o ???

Thanks,

  Ken.

--
Ken Kress                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SAS, The Bank of New York                            484.605.4834