Two problems, I feel kinda stupid for missing them...  :-(

1.  My get methods weren't really get methods.  I had not prepended get on
to my variable name, so instead of getPartNumber() I had partNumber().

2.  I had not registered my type mappings using registerTypeMapping() in the
SerializationTester object:
        st.registerTypeMapping(DialogCompany.class, new
QName("http://aces.apple.com/DialogSOAP";, "Company"),
org.apache.axis.encodin
g.ser.BeanSerializerFactory.class,
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializerFactory.class);

So the big problem was that I needed to actually create a JavaBean.  It
seems like the term "bean" is thrown about fairly loosely.  Most of the
reading I had done on it seemed to indicate that it was a GUI widget, but I
now think that generically, a bean is anything that has getter and setter
methods that can be reused.  (And maybe implements serializable.).  Overall,
kinda confusing for someone new to bean programming.

Thanks,

Adhamh