Hi.

I am having some trouble with Axis' autogenerated WSDL - it seems to always
invent a wrong namespace for the response message. It dos that for all
services deployed.

For example, the Version service that comes with Axis expects a request
message (SOAP body) in the "http://axis.apache.org"; namespace and returns a
response in the same namespace. However, when asked for the WSDL, Axis
returns this in the binding section:

  <wsdl:binding name="VersionSoapBinding" type="impl:Version">
     <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc" transport="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
     <wsdl:operation name="getVersion">
       <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
       <wsdl:input name="getVersionRequest">
          <wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
            namespace="http://axis.apache.org"; use="encoded"/>
       </wsdl:input>
       <wsdl:output name="getVersionResponse">
          <wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
            namespace="
http://p6000bi701.petrobras.biz:7001/bolero/services/Version"; use="encoded
"/>
       </wsdl:output>
     </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>

Note the reques namespace: for some unkonwn reason, it contains the URL of
the deployed service, instead of the correct value, which, for this
service, is the same namespace as in the request.

I see that it is possible to provide a manually written WSDL of my own, but
since that affects all services, isn't there a way to fix this through some
deployment parameter? I tried providing the service with a namespace in the
server-config.wsdd, but the result is the same.

Or  is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo Jaccoud Amaral
Petrobras - TI - Negócios Eletrônicos
mailto:jaccoud [at] petrobras.com.br
voice: +55 21 2534-3485
fax: +55 21 2534-1809
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.