From: Sunil Iyengar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 9:10 AM
To: axis-user
Subject: handlers and custom types

Hello everyone,
I have a web service which returns a string. I have added security
handlers to the client side and server side and they work and everything
is okay.
 I have another service which returns custom types, which work perfectly
fine without handlers. But when using the security handlers on the
client and server side I get the following error on the client

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a

child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to
deserialize.
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer
encountered
a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to
deserialize.
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializer.onStartChild(SimpleDeser
iali

zer.java:188)

Any help or insight into the problem would be appreciated.

Cheers
Sunny

Sunil Iyengar,
University Of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH,
Surrey, England, United Kingdom.
Office: +44 (0)1483 686008