Yes this are the conclusions I made as well :)
One strategy I was thinking of is to mention something like "Deprecated (wont be available
anymore from 2005.1.1" in the message returned by the getVersion() for the version I don't
want to maintain anymore on the server side.
So that client application providers are aware and can plan to upgrade their client.

Don't know yet if it is a nice strategy.

Cheers,
Patrick.

Stuart Barlow wrote:

Looks like publishing one WSDL file for each interface version
and having a getVersion() method is a reasonable solution.

pros - clients can query versions and talk to the one they
       are familiar with.

cons - server app needs to support all interfaces.

Ta,
Stuart.

Stuart Barlow wrote:

Thanks Patrick,
I tried using the search from the AXIS mailing list page this
morning and got hits from all mailing lists.
Ill read this link and get back.
BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux) wrote:

I remember having some discussions in the mailing list about that.
Browse the following thread:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=106737614722205&w=2

Patrick.

Stuart Barlow wrote:

Does anyone have great thoughts on interface versioning?

Is it wise to think about keeping an interface generic so
that it doesnt alter much between product versions?

Or do you publish version 1 and version 2 along side each
other in newer versions of product?

Is there any standard support in WS for versioning?

Ta,
Stuart.