Hi Neil

The default URL the AdminClient uses to connect to the AxisServlet is:
http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet

If you use another port/url you have to specify this with the -l attribute.
e.g.: java -cp . org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -lhttp://localhost/myApp/servlet/AxisServlet

Generally there is no difference between a db-webapp and a normal webapp.
Do not forget to place the appropriate db driver in the web-inf/lib directory and restart the webserver or reload the webapp.

greets,
mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,
I want to create a simple web service that connects to a database and provides an operation to query this database (and return the results).

However, the first operation of the web service is to connect to the database. I have tested this code in a seperate class and it works. However, when I place this code into a web service class and run AdminClient to deploy the service on Axis, I get a ConnectException (even though, as before, I have MySQL running locally). Thus my service will not deploy onto Axis. Can anyone give any advice on deploying a DB web service such as this?

Thanks in advance.

N. Robinson