I've got a SOAP service that takes a long time to initialize because it is creating a
instance of a relational dabatase, opening a JDBC connection, etc.

This initialization gets done in a static initialization block in the service - so it
only happens once.  But, it seems like Axis doesn't instantiate an instance of the
service class until it gets invoked for the first time.

The problem I have is that I get a socket time-out exception on the client while it is
waiting for the init stuff to finish the first time the service is called.

Is there any way that I can force the service to initialize *before* it gets called.
Like when the AxisServlet starts up?  Or when the service is deployed through the
AdminClient?

Thanks for your help,

Mark