you should be able to get unparsed stream if you put your code in servlet before it is handled to AXIS - did you try this approach?

thanks,

alek

Dimuthu Leelarathne wrote:

Hi Naresh,

Right now I don't think there is a way you can get untouched stream,
because Axis begins processing a SOAP message by parsing it using SAX and
then it stores these SAX events. Then Axis work on these stored SAX
events.
So if you really, really want to do this - you have to start parsing
before SAX parser is called.

So even when we use message style, practically what we get is already
parsed XML in a DOM structure.

Anyway this is a good question, because it's my personal belief that we
should do something about this.

Regards,
Dimuthu.