Hi,
I am currently developing a web service client in Java using IBM's ws toolkit. The web service is hosted by ASP.NET .
My problem is: i can use sessions in my java stubs, but i can't share sessions between them . I've searched the archive, and have seen Brian Ewins's mail, which says, this is not possible without major hacking.
I am using cookie based session tracking, since this is the default used by ASP.NET. I've experimented pretty much with the stubs i've created and have seen that, the same stub instance keeps track of different sessions for different endpoints. I've added a common function to different services in asp.net to test it, and called different services with this common function, from the same stub. The common test function returns the asp.net session id, and the only stub instance i used, returns the an id for every endpoint i use.

When i change end point from service1.asmx to service2.asmx and then again to service1.asmx, both calls to service1.asmx gives the same session id. So stubs are capable of keeping sessions for every end point.
So, basicly , the sessionId is kept somewhere for an endpoint assigned to a stub, and attached into the cookie send.
I can get the sessionid using a seperate call to a method on web service, that's not much of an issue. But HOW can i insert that id into the cookie sent by the stub ? I could not manage to find a way where that http header is generated. This is the only solution i could find.

i think even if i could send the sessionid in soap header from the client, the asp.net side can't switch to an existing session using sessionId. (or that's my knowledge) Also the server side uses MS application center among many servers, which also confuses things for a possible server side session switching.

So my only option is to use cookie based sessions. Any ideas how can i override the value sent by stub in the cookie ? After many hours of working, i've almost lost hope. It should not be that hard after all, but i'm limited in time, since deadline is close..

Best Regards
Seref Arikan