1. Which WS-I testing tools can be used to ensure that the WSDL/XSD are clean?

2. What kinds of test coverage does the WS-I testing tools have for checking

SOAP request and response messages?

-----Original Message-----

From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Axis and Basic Profile 1.0a

Nelson,

You will need at least 1.2 Alpha if not the latest CVS. First step on your side would be to come
up with a clean WSDL/XSD which passes the WS-I testing tools. Then you would need to use the
WSDL2Java to generate appropriate server and client code, then you need to test the SOAP request
and responses with WS-I testing tools. FYI, in the latest CVS, we have added a samples/ws-i
directory that has a skeleton of the WS-I sample application. If you are willing to help us clean
up BP support, please subscribe to the dev mailing list and start sending bug reports/patches.

Thanks,

dims

--- Nelson Minar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've read WS-I Basic Profile 1.0a and got the religion. I'm all ready
> to build nice, clean services without SOAP encoding and with all the
> Ts crossed and Is dotted. And I want to use Axis.
>
> How far can I follow the BP1.0a guidelines with Axis 1.1? Is Axis 1.2
> alpha worth trying? I don't care about formal certification but I am
> interested in following the spirit of the recommendations in BP1.0a.

> Forgive me if this is all explained somewhere, pointers welcome.

Do you Yahoo!?