Attachments were left out of BP 1.0 with the statement they'd be covered in 1.1. The WS-I site (http://www.ws-i.org/) now has both a BP 1.1 Working Draft and an Attachments Profile 1.0 Working Draft that the former references. Unless something changes dramatically, the attachments support is going to be using SOAP with Attachments.

AFAIK MS currently doesn't provide any implementation of SwA. Presumably they will by the time BP 1.1 is official. It may be that this is part of why it's taking so long. :-) Perhaps someone involved in WS-I can comment on this?

- Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services Support
http://www.sosnoski.com
Redmond, WA  425.885.7197

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Can someone sheds light on WS-I basic profile and attachment support?

Is it true that WS-I basic profile does not include attachment (because MS
prefers DIME?)?

If that the case, how will attachment be exchanged between  .Net and J2EE
in a standardized way,
if J2EE 1.4 is used for building web service?

Thanks,