Kees,

I did not get a null pointer exception when I went
through the link you provided.  Given the outcome of
our experiment, I don't know that it matters, but, I
am running Tomcat 4.1.

I still suspect it has something to do with the
arguments I should pass to the client invocation
when I type:

java samples.faults.EmployeeClient XXX

I think that the answer is contained in the .wsdl file
but I don't know enough about the contents of this
file to tell what the value of the "XXX" string above
should be.

Thank you for ruling that out, though.

Rgds,
Rob

--- Kees van Dieren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService?wsdl?
> If you get a
> nullpointerexception there  also try to restart your
> application server.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kees

~/axis-1_1/lib/axis.jar:~/axis-1_1/lib/axis-ant.jar:~/axis-1_1/lib/commons-d

iscovery.jar:~/axis-1_1/lib/commons-logging.jar:~/axis-1_1/lib/jaxrpc.jar:~/

axis-1_1/lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:~/axis-1_1/lib/saaj.jar:~/axis-1_1/lib/wsdl4j.j