Thanks Greg for your comments!!!

Thanks & regards,
Ayyappan Gandhirajan

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hess [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 8:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: How to make client using SSL

Hi Ayyappan,

I assume you mean developing secure clients and servers. If so yes. As
your SOAP Web Service is accessed over http just set your web server up
for ssl as per you container docs and then request you service using
https, that's it.

The only difference with the client is that you need to also add the
server cert to the truststore in order to complete SSLHandshacking.

If you received a 401: Unauthorized user this error was not thrown by
obtaining an SSL conection, if you received this error you had actually
succesfully connected via SSL but was denied access because of missing
authorization parameters like username and password. Not sure what
method of authentication the service was implementing but if it was
Basic-Auth use the stub methods setUsername and setPassoword with valid
credentials to be authorized to use the web service.

Cheers,

Greg

javax.net.ssl.trustStore="c:\\resin\\lib\\security\\server.truststore"/>

http://www.j2ee-security.net/book/dnlds/Chapter11-WebService_Security.pd