Hi

If you use the same name in both the Request and Response message then it is
translated as an IN/OUT parameter. As such a holder class will automatically be
used and substituted. If this is not what you want i.e. you want the method to
return a string then call the foo in the Response somthing else

Regards

Steve

Quoting Christopher Blunck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> howdy all-
>
> i'm working with axis, and am trying to convert a wsdl into java client
> stubs
> and server side skeletons.  i'm having much success in most of my wsdls, but
> one is giving me problems.  i believe i've located a bug in axis.  here is
> the
> interface portion of my wsdl:
>
>   <message name="RetrieveRequest">
>     <part name="Provider" type="xsd:string"/>
>     <part name="Event" type="xsd:string"/>
>     <part name="foo" type="xsd:string"/>
>   </message>
>
>   <message name="RetrieveResponse">
>     <part name="foo" type="xsd:string"/>
>   </message>
>
>   <portType name="Retriever">
>     <operation name="Retrieve">
>       <input message="tns:RetrieveRequest"/>
>       <output message="tns:RetrieveResponse"/>
>     </operation>
>   </portType>
>

> when i wsdl2java this, the interface i receive is:
>     public void retrieve(java.lang.String provider,
>                          java.lang.String event,
>                          javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder foo)
>       throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
>

> yikes!  foo isn't being translated correctly, and i believe it's because
> both
> messages use a part named "foo".  when i change foo in RetrieveResponse to
> foo2 and wsdl2java, the interface is correctly generated:
>     public java.lang.String retrieve(java.lang.String provider,
>                                      java.lang.String event,
>                                      java.lang.String foo)
>       throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
>

> so my question to the dev and user list is:  how should i proceed?
>
> i'm perfectly able to change foo to foo2 in my WSDL - that's not my
> question.
>
> should i file a bug for this?
>

> i'm currently on axis-1_1 and jwsdp 1.2.
>

> -c
>
> --
>  12:15:00  up 101 days,  1:59, 14 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.47, 0.28

This message was sent using Spansurf Web Mail
Internet access in Spain - http://www.spansurf.com/