For you folks that are sending attachments to .NET clients from Axis
services,
what Servlet Engines are you using?  I've been having trouble getting
Tomcat 4.1.29 to do this.  I am using the same approach as Jim just spelled
out.

Thanks,

--Sergeant

===========
Jim:
===========
Hi,

AFAIK you cannot specify that a client must send an attachment or that a
service returns an attachment in WSDL. There is an example in the samples
directory of a method signature for sending and retrieving attachments (they
use custome serialisers). This worked fine for me on the Java only side but
when I tried to get a .net client to use the service I had problems so I
changed my code so that the service had a string parameter and returned an
int, on the server I added the attachment to the response and set the type
to DIME. The drawback is that you have to physically tell the client about
the attachment.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jim.