you can do this by writing a so called "Handlers" take a look ad the axis architecture- documentation and you will see  there is a chain for invoking services as well on the client side as allso on the serverside allso for leaving them.

I thing the documentaion is very well, but if you have further questions wirte me a email!

Harry