Hi,

After more digging and diffing, I realized that I misunderstood the
deployment system.

I had placed a "server-config.wsdd" in my webapp's WEB-INF directory with a
description of my service.  This overrode the default one, which includes:

 <handler type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.http.URLMapper"
name="URLMapper"/>

This handler (I think) is the bit that maps the URL to the right service.

I have now placed a complete server-config.wsdd (based on the original
default in the "work/" directory of Tomcat) in my WEB-INF directory, and
everything works much better.

(This is all caused because I didn't feel like adding axis.jar to my
classpath environment variable, so I thought I'd try to outsmart the
installation docs.  Serves me right, although this alternate measure should
be included in the docs.  Is there something I can do to make that happen?)

-Rob

--
: Rob Ewaschuk      : [EMAIL PROTECTED] :
: www.rotuaari.net  : rob.infinitepigeons.org :