Hi:
    I'm writing an Axis Client that needs to send RPC style signed requests
according to XML-DSIG. My problem is that in order to sign the SOAP Envelope
I need to first have it! :-) I have looked everywhere but I haven't found
where to do this.

I'm doing

Service service = new Service();
call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endPoint) );
call.setOperationName( new QName(endPoint, operationName) );
call.addParameter( "String", XMLType.XSD_STRING, ParameterMode.IN );
call.setReturnType( XMLType.XSD_STRING );
String resu = (String) call.invoke(new Object[] { "Some String Input" });

After this last statement I can get the SOAP Message from the message
context doing:

mc = call.getMessageContext();
env = request.getSOAPEnvelope();

But the service was already invoked!!!Is there any way of setting the
parameters used for a call without actually invoking the service?

Cheers,

Jose M Selman