Description

In one of our webapplication that uses the axis client generated code using WSDL2Java.

- For simple types with enumerations the method getTypeDesc is not generated by WSDL2Java

- The truss output on the Solaris platform shows that OS fails to find the method getTypeDesc in the java <ClassName>.class and <className>_Helper.class classes.

- The errors are not causing problems with the application. However, we are concerned with the number of times these calls are made. Every time the class is accessed the  method getTypeDesc is searched and not found. The class loader looks for the class definition is the standard/configured location. Thats why in the truss results we see several calls to fstat64 been called ( with different locations).

Axis code.

Method getTypeDesc = null;

try {

getTypeDesc = cls.getMethod("getTypeDesc", noClasses);

if (getTypeDesc == null) {

// Look for a Helper Class

Class helper = ClassUtils.forName(cls.getName() + "_Helper");

try {

getTypeDesc = helper.getMethod("getTypeDesc", noClasses);

} catch (NoSuchMethodException e) }

Questions

- For simple types with enumerations, why does the method getTypeDesc not get generated  ( generated from WSDL2Java)

- Is the way to solve this issue, so that every call does not search for the method "getTypeDesc"

thanks.

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download!