Hi

Service.createCall is overloaded with following methods -

1. Service.createCall(QName portName)

2. Service.createCall(QName portName, QName operationName)

3. Service.createCall()

If I call (1) and then - call.setOperationName() it works fine.

If I call (2) and it doesn’t work, even if I explicitly set operationName again

Calling (3) and setting everything explicitly works fine.

I looked in code – Service.java

  1. public javax.xml.rpc.Call createCall(QName portName,

1.       QName operationName)

  1. throws ServiceException {

  1. Call call = (org.apache.axis.client.Call) createCall();
  2. call.setOperation(portName, operationName.getLocalPart());
  3. return (call);
  4. }

Should line 3 be – createCall(portName) instead of createCall() ?

Because createCall(QName) is doing all the initialization.

API  Documentation says methods 1,2 prefill as much data from WSDL as possible.

Or am I missing something ?

Regards

Sanjay