Use the address of operator(&)

as in:

BSTR bstrStatus;
pBrowser->get_StatusText( &bstrStatus );

 --m

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Any idea what I have to change to handle the BSTR*? I cannot findinfo on the pointer version anywhere.
Thanks again,
James
In a message dated 7/21/2004 5:34:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

    from msdn.com

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/vcconStringsAllocatingReleasingMemoryForBSTR.asp

    Looks like you'll want something like:
    ::SysAllocString(...), but don't forget ::SysFreeString

      --m