Hi,

I just dropped in the libraries from Axis 1.2 Beta 2 as a replacement for
the libraries from Axis 1.1 into my application which prevents it from
working.
I am using Tomcat 5.0.27 and Java 1.4.2_05.

A simplified view of what I am doing is as follows:
- send a complex hierarchy of objects consisting of beans
- the top of the hierarchy is the PortalPlaceData-object, which contains an
array of PortalPageData-objects

public class PortalPlaceData
{
      public PortalPageData[] getPages();
      public void setPages(PortalPageData[] pages);
}

- When serializing this hierarchy with Axis 1.1 part of the xml-output
looks like this

<pPlaceData xsi:type="ns4:PortalPlaceData" xmlns:ns4="
http://zzz/PortalSoapGateway";>
 <pages xsi:type="soapenc:Array" soapenc:arrayType="ns4:PortalPageData[1]"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";>
     <item>
     </item>
 </pages>
</pPlaceData>

Without changing anything except the Axis libraries, Axis 1.2 generates
something like this (which for me looks quite different especially
"ns4:PortalPageData[][1]" looks wrong because it seems to declare a
two-dimensional array instead of a one-dimensional one, like Axis 1.1 did.

<pPlaceData xsi:type="ns4:PortalPlaceData"
xmlns:ns4="http://zzz/PortalSoapGateway";>
    <pages soapenc:arrayType="ns4:PortalPageData[][1]"
xsi:type="soapenc:Array"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";>
        <item xsi:type="ns4:PortalPageData">
        </item>
    </pages>
</pPlaceData>

- on the server-side deserialization works fine with the xml from Axis 1.1,
but with the xml from Axis 1.2 the following error-message is logged
   (BeanPropertyTarget.java    :set                 :162 ) - Could not
convert [[Lde.upb.portal.remote.data.PortalPageData; to bean field 'pages',
type [Lde.upb.portal.remote.data.PortalPageData;

I am not to familiar with encoding etc. but it works with Axis 1.1. I
appreciate any hint or help. If there is some information I should provide
to further explain the problem I will be happy to post it.

Regards
Olaf