I would try:

1. Try changing the namespace of the schema fragment in the WSDL. You are defining a schema and importing a schema with the same namespace. I'm not sure how safe that is.

2. Try changing the xsd:import to an xsd:include. That more closely models what your are trying to do, no?

I'd love to hear how you make out.

Jim Murphy
Mindreef, Inc.

Oleg Lebedev wrote:

Greetings,
I am experiencing a problem with wsdl2java throwing a "type referenced, but not defined" exception when an XSD schema file is imported in a WSDL file. However, if I copy the XSD type definition directly in the WSDL file wsdl2java works fine.
Here is the error message shown by wsdl2java when schema is imported in wsdl:
[axis-wsdl2java] java.io.IOException: Type {urn:datatypes:engine.interfaces.sequencer.waterford.org}IState is referenced but not defined.
I am attaching the XSD schema file and the WSDL file to this message. I left the schema import un-commented in the WSDL file, but commented out the explicit type declaration.
I am using Axis 1.1.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Oleg
This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.