You can setup client side handlers in client-config.wsdd. Just place it on your clients classpath.
--m

Kapil Khanna wrote:

I am consuming an external web service and am trying to get a handle to the MessageContext via MessageContext.getCurrentContext(). Unfortunately the
MessageContext i get is always null.
The purpose of getting to the MessageContext is to get to the SOAPRequest and
SOAPResponse messages. There have been numerous posts regarding this but i have not seen
any concrete solution. I have heard about Handlers. My question is how do i configure a
Handler, cause i am running AXIS outside a web container, i.e from command line?
Per the users guide, handlers have been setup for a web service that is
running in the axis server.
Thanks.