Thank you, thank you! I am trying this API and though it is far from perfect, it seems to do the trick. At least it runs in a very light fashion from an applet.

From: Keith Hatton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: terça-feira, 10 de Agosto de 2004 8:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Axis and Applets - Missing Feature (bug) Report

Try www.wingfoot.com for a more lightweight Java SOAP client.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rui Craveiro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 August 2004 04:43
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Axis and Applets - Missing Feature (bug) Report

Hello,

I am starting a new project and I was trying to keep my options open when I decided to tryout available Java APIs to work with webservices. More precisely, my company is considering to work with .NET and use it to expose web-services. However, I wanted to be safe to know I will be able to use Java as a client to those web-servers. Considering that this project is going to be web-forms based, the type of Java code I might get into it will Java Applets.

I found that AXIS is a wonderful API and it really is able of recreating Java objects from the WSDL my .NET server exposes.

I had this wonderful and cute Java application prototype working when I decided to take it over to an Applet. This was when I found out that AXIS is not Applet friendly since it is heavily based on logging APIs.

(I suppose WSIF is also). Oh boy, such a shame, a nice API which works wonderfully, but doesn’t work in the only situation where I do really need it to.

If it is possible to put applets working with AXIS, this should be documented, for I spent too many hours googling for the solution and found nothing.

If it is not possible, maybe this could be a nice feature to have around. I have not yet found a viable alternative and therefore, I am really considering to abandon the whole idea of having Java in my project and maybe go for embedded windows user controls or even .NET smartclients (clickonce).

Here goes the suggestion.

Thanks!

Yours truly,

Rui