If you don't use an ant task here is a possible solution.

Edit and copy the following line to your Server-config.wsdd and restart
your server.

<beanMapping qname="ns:local"
                 xmlns:ns="someNamespace"
                 languageSpecificType="java:my.package.MyException"/>

here is another example

<beanMapping    qname="ns60:Customer"
                        xmlns:ns60="urn:com.c.bs.cib"/>

languageSpecificType="java:com.c.bs.cib.Customer"

It is also possible to auto generate all the required mappings using
wsdl2java command to wsdd file and then use deploy command to copy the
mapping to server-config file.

You may find it easier to edit server-config.wsdd if you are dealing
with just one case.

I hope this helps.

Sagar

Ps:  Please find below the relevant documentation about adding
beenmapping information to your server-config
file.___________________________________________

Encoding Your Beans - the BeanSerializer
Axis includes the ability to serialize/deserialize, without writing any
code, arbitrary Java classes which follow the standard JavaBean pattern
of get/set accessors. All you need to do is tell Axis which Java classes
map to which XML Schema types. Configuring a bean mapping looks like
this:

<beanMapping qname="ns:local" xmlns:ns="someNamespace"
    languageSpecificType="java:my.java.thingy"/>
The <beanMapping> tag maps a Java class (presumably a bean) to an XML
QName. You'll note that it has two important attributes, qname and
languageSpecificType. So in this case, we'd be mapping the
"my.java.thingy" class to the XML QName [someNamespace]:[local].