Thanks Tony. I am concerned with client running in J2EE environment only. When you say that I should be able to specify a JNDI resource that defines a stub class, can you please explain this in more detail on how to go about it.

Also the book says that JNDI name of the web service should be defined (somewhere in deployment descriptor) and after that a client code that is running in a J2EE application without any extra work. Any ideas on how to do that?

Sushil

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 9:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JNDI Lookup does not work with Tomcat/Axis

I'm not too sure about using JNDI on the client side. If you are using client code in a J2EE application, running on Tomcat, then you should be able to specify a JNDI resource, in the Tomcat configuration, that defines a stub class (or factory class) for your web service stub. But if your client is not a J2EE application, I don't know how you'd locate a JNDI service that has a binding for a stub or factory class. In this case, stick with creating a locator instance yourself.

Tony