I see.  I hit the exception in a client, not within Tomcat.
Jeff
----- Original Message -----
From: "Arijit Mukherjee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 1:07 AM
Subject: RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError in Axis-1.2-RC1

I did that (using all of them together) - but that didn't fix my
problem. Finally, I cracked it -  I had to place the jaxrpc and saaj jar
files in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib - then it worked. Previously, the
versions in that folder and the one in actual webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib
were not matched.

Cheers
Arijit