It also works for typeMapping,  ( I cant explain why I had failures first time I tried).

Thanks

Sagar

-----Original Message-----
From: Sagar Pidaparthi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 10:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Abstract class object in a method parameter

Christophe,

Yes, it works now.  But, I had to use beanMapping and not TypeMapping tags.  (I will try again with type mapping).

Secondly, the process here is important-- after adding the new mapping information to WSDD, I had to regenerate the proxies.   ( This is for anybody else who might have a similar problem)

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sagar