You are using Java2WSDL that has a java.io.File  member variable.
Define a class that has an array of say, MyLogFormat.
eg

public class MyType
{
        public MyLogFormat[]  log;   // you probably had  java.io.File here
               public int somethingelse;
}

public class MyLogFormat
{
         public String modulename;
         public int priority;
         public int severity;
}

You may have to create this MyType by parsing your log file yourself.
Run java2WSDL on the new MyType class not on your original class anymore.

Regards,
- kiru

METIN ZAVRAK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/18/2004 06:45 AM

Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
Subject
Exception: No serializer found for class java.io.File in registry [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,
I am trying to write a web service that will read error logs form the server and display it on the client side.
While I  was trying to generate wsdl file using Java2WSDL tool, I received a warning saying that "using anyType in schema instead of java.io.File."

I got the wsdl file and deploy my web service.
However, at runtime, I received the following error:

AxisFault

faultSubcode:
faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class java.io.File in registry [EMAIL PROTECTED]

faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
       {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class java.io.File in registry [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What can I do?
Is there any other way to write a web service that displays error logs?

Kind regards.

Metin ZAVRAK
Yazılım Geliştirme Mühendisi
Oksijen Teknoloji